Adventures of Alex O & Co

Adventures of Alex O & Co
You only live once......................live beautifully!

Friday, September 7, 2012

Change



A big change happened in my life this week.
For nearly 20 years I have worked for the same company.
For the last nine years I have worked for them part time from home.
This week I took voluntary redundancy.

In my heart I know this is absolutely the right thing to have done.
But today the first day of unemployment I am feeling a little like a lost bird.

I have some big decisions ahead.
Do I find another part time job or do I pour my heart and soul into 
"Adventures of Alex O & Co" and take it to the next level.

There's a bit of soul searching ahead.
Which I know is always good for one.

I have a big Art Show coming up called
I have to drop my wares off to them this weekend 
for the show on the 14th to 16th of September.
So I have been sewing away.
Here is a peak at a few creations.

Woodland Purses


Orange Pixies are proving to be very popular so I am stocking up on them.


Hydrangea Purses are also proving popular which is great as I love making them.


3 comments:

  1. how exciting a new chapter :) i love those woodlands purses. they are very sweet :) good luck with the decision making process. ill watch with eager excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi !

    I had quite the same adventure one year ago (but it was my company that supressed my job, after 13 quiet years). I just want to tell that it tooks me 6 months to find another schedule (like home mum) and new habits.

    Give yourself time to experiment your new life !

    (excuse my english, I'm French)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been doing an amazing job craftwise and I am sure you have made the right decision. It may take some time and some doubts, but you will find your landmarks. Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete