Adventures of Alex O & Co

Adventures of Alex O & Co
You only live once......................live beautifully!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Doll Blanket

Over the past few years I have been collecting recycled wool blankets.
My craft cupboard is now bulging and I have had to put a stop on buying any more blankets. I am determined to use them all up. So today I set out to design a Dolls Blanket. I had visions of making my own bias binding and trimming the blanket in homemade bias binding
Unfortunately the sewing machine and I had words and I had to go back to the drawing board. I ended up with a different design from what I had first envisioned in my head but I have to say I like it more that what I had first thought of.

I used a lovely recycled blanket in soft pinks and greens, the back I have lined with Calico.

Across the top a strip of beautiful fabric on which I have stitched hand dyed felt flowers and leaves.

.All ready to wrap around some little girls precious doll.

No comments:

Post a Comment