Adventures of Alex O & Co

Adventures of Alex O & Co
You only live once......................live beautifully!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Right Now



I am on day 10 of my detox and apart from a few headaches I have been doing really well.
I even held a dinner party on Sunday night and I made a wonderful meal even if I do say so myself:
Thai Pumpkin soup to start, followed by marinate prawns, salad and sauteed potatoes.
Next came the raw food desserts Key Lime Pie and Chocolate Cheese Cake.
There was no meat, wheat, diary or sugar for anyone or wine for me..............

Most mornings I have homemade soaked Muesli for breakfast.
 But sometimes I like to mix it up with a smoothie. 
Here is my latest :



Breakfast Smoothie
2 Tablespoons of Jumbo Oats
1/4 cup of raw almonds
1 frozen or fresh banana
1 or 2 dates
1/4 cup of raspberries, or blackcurrants or blackberries or strawberries. Whatever fruit you prefer.
1 cup of almond milk
a squeeze of lemon juice.

Place the rolled oats and almonds in the blender and process until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
Add the other ingredients and blend.
If you have trouble blending you can add a bit of water.
Enjoy!

Since I was featured in GOOD magazine I have had non stop orders for
Hotwater bottlecovers. So that's all I have been sewing of late.
I cannot complain it is all fun.




Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Alex, I just love those two little bunnies bouncing around......so cute.

    Your smoothie looks delicious. Well done on having a dinner party while you're on a detox, that's definitely will power......

    I keep thinking about going on one, but I loooove my daily coffee and a pot of tea. Will have to wean myself off them first, eeek!!

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Alex, I can picture you at your sewing machine, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very curious to know how you made chocolate cheesecake without dairy, sugar or wheat? And the rest of your menu sounds divine too :). Love the bunny cover.

    ReplyDelete