Adventures of Alex O & Co

Adventures of Alex O & Co
You only live once......................live beautifully!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cushions





Since I started doing market stalls people
are always asking 
" Do you make Cushions?"
I have always said 
NO

Cushions to me have been something
I just did not want to do.
Also finding big enough pieces of blanket with no marks or stains is not always easy.

Earlier this year I made Master O a cushion.....................
 and much to
my surprise I enjoyed doing it.

So I ordered a load of books from the library on cushion making.
Studied up and here are some of my first efforts.

I did large Hydrangeas in different shades on recycled
cream blanket. 
The leaves are all sewing machined on.
The petals are all hand sewn on.
I have hand dyed all the felt myself.










With these cushions I did not do a zip opening.
They are decorative cushions and not designed to be washed.
They would really need to be sponged clean should they get
any marks on them.

I am now working on another range of cushions and these have zip openings.
I found this tutorial to be the absolute best for teaching me how to do a
perfect zip opening.

These cushions are now in my Felt store.

4 comments:

  1. Gosh there looks a lot of work in your cushions. I like the second one down best, with the lovely mixture of blues, pinks and lilac shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - these are great, and like the above comment, looks like lots of work! Love the last green and blue one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jocelyn for the kind feedback.

      Delete