Adventures of Alex O & Co

Adventures of Alex O & Co
You only live once......................live beautifully!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Story Bags

At Crafternoon Tea on the weekend I sat next to a lovely lady called 
Ella Thomas who has a stall called 
"Ellaquaint".
Ella does amazing artworks of native birds on canvas. 
You can find her here:
http://ellathomaspaintings.blogspot.com/ 

Every time Ella sold a canvas she would put the canvas in a bag she had made from old maps. 
They were really cool.
On Sunday morning I was lying in bed when the idea came to me that I could do the same with my sales using old books of nursery rhyme's that I had collected. 
So that afternoon with the help of  Master O and his friend Miss B we made some bags. 
Miss B named them " Story bags".
Here they are:

I sewed them on 3 sides with the sewing machine   

1 comment:

  1. Oh so cool, I have seen this idea before, used to package small items of children's clothing, in a market I went to once, it is just great
    cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete