Adventures of Alex O & Co

Adventures of Alex O & Co
You only live once......................live beautifully!

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chocolate Nut Slice

As some of you know I am trying to cut Wheat, Meat, Dairy 
and Processed sugars out of my diet. 
I think I succeed 70-80% of the time.
This week a friend gave me a lovely recipe that had been passed to her by a friend 
so I am passing it on to you as it is truly yummy.

Chocolate Nut Slice

In food processor chop

3 cups nuts and seeds (soaked and dehydrated if you want…) until fine – or coarse, your choice then remove and put in bowl for later. 
I used 2 cups of Almonds plus 1/4 cup Linseed's, 1/4 cup Sunflower seeds, 1/4 cup Pumpkin seeds, 1/4 cups Sesame seeds. 
You can use any combination



In processor put :

200g dates

1 c coconut

½-3/4  tsp salt depending on taste (3/4 works for me!)

and process till well chopped up

add (this stuff below I put in saucepan and warm till it blends then add it to the above stuff)

1tsp vanilla

5tb honey (or leave out and add some stevia)

5tb coconut oil – or I use a combination of coconut oil, flax seed oil, red palm oil and cocoa butter to keep it firm

3 tablespoons of cocoa or you can use almond butter if you don’t want cocoa.

Optional – I add might add kelp, maca powder or any other goodies. 

Once well combined add the nuts and seeds

Once all combined you can add ½ c raisins at the end but only process enough to mix through not to chop up

Press into container and leave to set. ( I leave mine in the fridge)
 
Enjoy.

On the sewing front I have been working on Pixie Shoes and Hiawatha Headbands 
plus doing a bit of dying.
I just love the colours that I dyed yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. me neither, i don't eat meat, lactose and gluten (not very easy with a family, and children are complaining because i've stopped cooking cakes and cookies), so if they are very very nice with me, i'll try your receipe for all of us. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently cut all grains (breads, pasta, rice etc) out of my diet along with sugar in all forms.

    That recipe looks wonderful. I think I'm going to try it with coco powder and almond butter. YUM.

    ReplyDelete