Adventures of Alex O & Co

Adventures of Alex O & Co
You only live once......................live beautifully!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Pixies


 In September last year I started making Pixies for Christmas.
They were so popular that I made and sold over a hundred Pixies.
These Pixies have traveled all over the world.
A lovely pink one even went to the Beehive in Wellington.
I could have sold more but I had run out of time and stamina to make any more.

This year I thought I would make a few every month and then I would have a 
great stock pile for Christmas.
But the little rascals are still selling and finding new homes.
People hang them from car mirrors, from draw and door knobs.
Children use them for imaginative play.
They have number of different uses.

I get there little bodies from a supplier in Australia and they are not cheap.
I decided it was time to see if I could find a cheaper supplier.
I found a lovely company in America and I just got my first order of Pixie bodies.
Mr O and I had a good chuckle as my new Pixie bodies are half the price and a twice the girth!

Old Pixie Body on left, new body on right.
I cannot wait to see what my new plumper pixies looks like.

Here are the wee ones I have all waiting in there box to go to 
Crafternoon Tea this weekend.




If you cannot make the market and you are keen to have a little Pixie of your own they are
for sale in my Felt Store.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so pleased to call myself a proud owner of these little gems :) They sit proudly in my craft spot, ready & waiting for Xmas (I just couldnt tuck them away until then-they deserve admiring)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous, I love all your felt work. I came across you from Sweet Living where I also posted a link. I am a kiwi blogger, an artist who paints large canvases in oils but my blog is more about Interior design and has been an escape from caring for my mum who has terminal cancer.

    I did leave this comment earlier but lost it is if it comes up twice please forgive me as I think I accidentally lost it before I pressed "publish". I tried to find where I can add myself as a follower but can't find it on your page.

    Love you background design of your blog, it's very pretty and suits the blog perfectly.

    Lee ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lee
    Lovely to hear from you.
    On the right handside of my blog you can subscribe by email. This means everytime I make a posting it gets sent straight to your email with a link.
    I will go take a peak at your blog now.
    I wish both you and your mother well.
    Kind Regards
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm here via sweet living too. These pixies are so adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cool, just love them , cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I do love your little pixies!!! Soon there will be fatter ones too!!

    ReplyDelete