Adventures of Alex O & Co

Adventures of Alex O & Co
You only live once......................live beautifully!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Thank You

On Sunday my oldest friend Kerri came to brunch.
We have known each other since she was 5 and I was 7.
We often go months with out seeing one another,
 but once together it is like we have never been a part.

Its funny how our life's are different and yet the same.
She has one son, as do I.
She had her son when she was 24 and I had Master O when I was 36.
Her son grew up mad about basketball, my son is just the same.
And the similarities and difference's go on and on..............

Kerri bought me a big box of vintage blankets and table clothes and other wonderful things.
They came from her mother Jill who is one of the nicest ladies I have ever met.
Jill was having a big clean out as she has just moved house.
She asked Kerri to give me this lovely box of goodness.

 Jill is into floral art and she did all the flowers at my wedding when 
I married Mr O many moons ago.
So I can think of no better way to thank Jill, 
than to make her something out of one of her
 old blue blankets with a flower on it.



I do hope she enjoys it.

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh that's so lovely and textural - I want to touch it! I must say your pixies are really cuuuute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely story Alex and what a great idea to make one of your wonderful zip purses for your friend. Once again the flower is gorgeous. Love the colour combos.......
    I'm sure your gift will be treasured.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bag is gorgeous - I am sure she will love it:) Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a lovely idea! she will be thrilled when she sees this!

    ReplyDelete